How to install the DMXcat® application on a Windows PC and MacBook
Download DMXcat® software for PC with the most powerful and reliable Android emulator like NOX APK player or BlueStacks. All Android emulators can be completed for using DMXcat® on Windows 10, 8, 7, computers and Macs.
- Download emulators for Windows PC from the official pages below to install them.
- The best emulators are here: BlueStacks.com; Or as a BigNox.com alternative.
- Open the Android emulator and sign in with a Google account.
- DMXcat® application available on Play Store. So seek and find it.
- Choose the installation option under the DMXcat® logo and enjoy!
DMXcat® FAQ – Features and User Guide
There are currently seven applications available for use with the DMXcat system:
• DMX Controller: A single universe (512) DMX channel controller with two user interfaces (sliders or keypad).
• Fixture Controller: controls multi-attribute fixtures from an integrated database.
• RDM Controller: for bidirectional communication and control of RDM compatible devices.
• DMX Tester: Analyze and adjust DMX transmit or receive parameters.
• DIP Switch Calculator: Simplifies the configuration of the DIP switches used to set DMX addresses.
• Light Meter: Useful for adjusting light levels for use on the camera (requires light sensor).
• RF spectrum analyzer: to monitor and visualize Wi-Fi networks in the 2.4 GHz spectrum
The DMXcat’s hardware interface is a compact, battery-powered device that slips easily into a pocket or tool pouch or can be worn on a belt. It uses Bluetooth LE technology for communication with smartphone applications (range up to 50 ‘). Without the limitations of a physical connection, the user can move around the workspace as needed with his smartphone and run the various applications while still using the phone for communication at work. The fixture’s five-pin XLRF connector / cable assembly allows it to be connected to a point in a DMX data chain to test or control various DMX / RDM functions. It is charged using a standard USB to Micro-USB cable and charger. Other features include a built-in LED flashlight, an audible alarm to locate a misplaced unit, an XLR5M to XLR5M rollover, an LED status indicator and a removable belt clip with a split ring safety point. Optional accessories include XLR5M to RJ45 adapter, XLR5M to XLR3F adapter, XLR5M to XLR3M flip and a belt pouch.
Terms & Conditions
Android OS version 5.1 or higher
Bluetooth 4.0 compatible device
New in the new version of DMXcat®
Favorites and presets are now in a user accessible folder
Fixed fixture controller presets not being able to be read in DMX controller
Fixed a Bluetooth bug for production tests
This application is the property of its developer / inc. We are not an affiliate partner of DMXcat®. Every element relating to DMXcat® applications, such as images and trademarks, etc. is the property of the respective owner of DMXcat®.
In addition, we do not use our server to download DMXcat® applications. The download begins from the authorized DMXcat® application website.