How to install MUF Predictor app on Windows PC and MacBook
Download MUF Predictor software for PC with the most powerful and reliable Android emulator like NOX APK player or BlueStacks. All Android emulators can be completed to use MUF Predictor on Windows 10, 8, 7, computers and Mac.
- Download Emulators for Windows PC from the official pages below to install them.
- The best emulators are here: BlueStacks.com; Or as a BigNox.com alternative.
- Open the Android emulator and sign in with a Google account.
- MUF Predictor app available on Play Store. So seek and find it.
- Choose the installation option under the MUF Predictor logo and enjoy!
MUF Predictor FAQ – Features and User Guide
The app is based on MicroMUF, developed in 1984 by Raymond Fricker of BBC External Service.
Although the algorithms used in MicroMUF have certain limitations compared to other more advanced algorithms (like IONCAP), the calculations are very precise for daily use in the HF range (2-30Mhz).
The app contains the complete and updated list of DXCC countries, so that you don’t have to enter latitude / longitude but directly type in DXCC prefix or country name for transmitter location and receiver, while the SSN is automatically retrieved from the NOAA site if necessary.
The most frequently used propagation paths can be saved so that a prediction can be executed later. There is no limit to the number of paths stored in the application.
**** Due to repeated downtime, SSN sources latest version 1.91 contains the required data integrated into the application. Hope to quickly resolve the issue once and for all. Version 1.91 may be the last app update as I am working on a completely new and different replacement app. Stay tuned! Thanks Nick, SV1DJG ****
What’s new on the new version of MUF Predictor
– fixed unavailability of the ssn service
– fixed a crash after migrating to NOAA SWPC web services
– Changed propagation maps to look like QST
– Added predefined DX zones like “How’s DX” from QST
– Added 360 degree prediction
– Fixed broken link when updating solar data
– Fixed a crash
– Layout changed in dashboard style
– Added option to save preferred paths
– Added support for tablets and landscape orientation
– The app can be moved to the SD card
This application is the property of its developer / inc. We are not an affiliate partner of MUF Predictor. Everything about MUF Predictor applications like images and trademarks, etc. are the property of the respective owner of MUF Predictor.
Also, we do not use our server to download MUF Predictor applications. The download begins from the authorized MUF Predictor app website.